Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thanks!

I appreciate the thoughts. I know that a lot of people have worse problems in the gut, but after 37 years of struggling with different stomach weaknesses I get frustrated.

Sue is tending to me and trying to make me stay still and eat carefully. I find that Yogurt (My favorite is Stonyfield Whole Milk, but there are several Varieties that taste good.) calms the system nicely. To four heaping Tablespoons of Yogurt I add one tablespoon of ground flax (To keep the system going, so to speak) and a teaspoon of jam (usually Bilberry as it helps vision). I do that 3-4 times a day.

Once I had a doctor tell me that the "flora and Fauna" of my gut was not adapting to "modern crafted" foods I started moving to organics. Now that I am on them the stomach problems are not constant. That means that when they strike it is unusual and I am not used to the pain the way I used to be. So now I find myself doubling over when the pain spasms hit when before I would have just gritted my teeth and went on. I am just not used to it.

It also means that whenever I let the commercial foods slip into the diet because it is convenient, or I'm at Cons, holidays or just plain lazy, the gut pains strike.

Since most people have not had a problem adapting to the new additives and chemicals in the food, it is difficult for them to understand when I say I can't eat at a family get-together. Sometimes they even get insulted. It makes for a good excuse to eat some of that yummy commercial food, but I have to stop that.

The best side effect of the organic plan is that I have lost 56 pounds since I headed this way. Admittedly that is only 20 pounds a year, but with the looming government health regulations, we all need to slim down to stay out of trouble. (Yea, I can smell those well meaning weight fascists coming towards us. Why is it that the government always wants to regulate the wrong things?)

I better quit NOW. My paranoia says to keep my mouth shut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you are able to move long enough to type in your blog, I will take that as a good sign that you are not as ill as the last time you mentioned this problem. Take care of your self and of Sue when you get better. She deserves some TLC when you are able.