Monday, September 1, 2008

Many Projects on the Plate

I have a series of projects I need to be working on and I am rather poor at rating them by importance.

Print special order art, update etsy, update e-bay, DS market work, SVC website, DS website, DS podcast, MM podcast, creature book, check my RSS feeds for updates (gotta keep an eye on you...), twitter, ghoul article, vampire article, new game 1, new game 2, set mission 01 for print, get new DS cards to Sue for art, e-mails, blog, get new cards on dsbeta, edit ds beta cards, learn something new, convention updates.

Well, I need to get started. I think I'll start by checking up on DS Flunkie...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here! Not much to check up on. School has started and I'm back doing the job I have come to hate of late. Education is not the profession it once was. Every year there are more new "wastes" of my time in the form of beaurocracy. If teachers were only allowed to teach again; that would be different. Four days into the new year, I lost another colleague. Not to death this time, but to retirement. He had always said he would teach until there was no longer any joy in teaching anymore. Well, guess what? There's no joy in teaching anymore. I have to agree. Fortunately for him, he had enough years in to retire on his own terms. For me, that's at least another 8 years or so, unless I am the beneficiary of the lottery or some other windfall I don't deserve.

Ah, well, so goes life. On a brighter note, I started a new DS campaign with my every-other-Friday game group. We had a good time with new characters. There was lots of laughter and the combat was challenging. Good roleplaying all around. I am very pleased with the start and hope it continues. I haven't run a campaign in a long time. It is a refreshing change from Con games.

MarkEllisHarmon said...

I am sorry to here that your work is not progressing well, to be polite. The problems with our evolving system of education are a problem for our society itself, and probably not something for discussion here, unless you have thoughts about how we could teach within our games....

Yes, running a home campaign is different than Con playing. Both have there place, and I think we need both to balance the experience.