Thursday, October 2, 2008

Comics on the way

I have been tied down, but, besides losing 1/2 pound a day, I have been getting some comics prepared for the web.

What is on its way are the early Gatekeeper comics from 1987. I have the first one scanned and parsed to put up on web pages. We even have a domain to put up the comics. My Online Comics is here.

I have a link on the page back to the Accommodations comic and the cover of Gatekeeper is up there.

The comic itself is something I have not looked at in years. The comic is old enough that it started coming apart as I scanned it.

The story itself is actually quite good and it does show where the work on Grandilar was at back in 1986-87.

The new site is where we will be putting the upcoming Prismatics comic that Sue is working on. This also gives us an opportunity to expand our web advertising. It will give us some auxillary income that will be handy as we go forward.

I am hoping to start putting up the comic this weekend, although the convention/outdoor art market in Ann Arbor Sunday may stop that idea. First I have to get on my feet and get Sue to the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, any plans to put the comics in a "book form" and sell them thru something like Lulu?

Take it slow, don't over do it and slow down your progress toward health. Some of us miss you even if we don't always post comments to your blogs.

MarkEllisHarmon said...

LOL

I'm scanning the books into the computer for the web pages. We do not have the originals at hand to reprint them as books. I have a few of the books here and I will end up putting what we have, from the 1987 print run, up for sale.

Thanks for the thoughts, it actually helps.