Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time Off

Sue got home last evening. I'm very glad to see her. Mocha seems to be very happy Sue is back. Mocha has been good this week, but with Trouble and Sue gone she was a little off. Things are getting back to normal for her now. Mac is hanging around a lot, but she is staying near me. I think she is irritated at Sue for not having been here.

Anyway, I pretty much took the day off, doing just my e-mails and a couple of blog posts.

Sue and I have been talking about everything that has been going on politically and economically. Quite the mess going on out there. I am surprised at how scummy one of the campaigns has gotten. The first election I have memories from was the Nixon/Kennedy campaign way back in 1960. I have never seen anything so disgusting as McCain's campaign. I am afraid the McCain I supported in the late 90's has left the building and been replaced by this disreputable/disgusting anti-American faker. Maybe he fooled me the first time.

In economics. Long ago there was an economic holiday that happened about once a century. It would be declared a "Jubilee" and all debts were cancelled and everything would start over at zero, the Pope declared it. Our current situation could be so bound up that a radical concept may be the only solution that would actually work. All this piecemeal squandering of my tax money just doesn't seem to be helping me, or anyone I know. On the other hand, I do not know any millionaire bankers, so I won't see the goodies.

No comments: