Saturday, October 4, 2008

Very long days

The last couple of days have been bad. Trouble, our 17 1/2 year old puppy, passed on Saturday morning. His kidneys finally gave up and he quite eating or drinking. At 21 lbs he was just a shadow of his 40 lb. self.

I am not feeling too good at the moment. He has been a great loyal friend and I will miss him a lot. I know that it works out to about 110 human years and it was a good run, but I want him here.

I still remember when I first saw him 17 years ago. He was just a puppy and he was trotting along behind Sue. She had walked up to where I was working to have lunch. When I saw him following Sue and looking up at her my first thought was "we have a dog." He knew what he wanted, and he got it.

I have 17 years of excellent memories of Trouble that I will always carry with me. Right now, however, every time I think of him I get choked up. I know that I'll be seeing him as a spirit soon. I miss him and I'm not getting much work done. Despite that, Sue and I will be at the Ann Arbor art market tomorrow.

No comments: