Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday morning and the cat has given me back my lap

I woke up to a call from Sue. She was getting ready for the opening of the dealers room. The con is going well. She has done a pile of commissions at the show and is getting tired. Sleep is for the weak and Sue is not weak.

After the call I sat down to get some coffee in me. I got me three big cups of coffee and sat down to wake up. Mocha jumped into my lap and decided that I should sit and pet a cat for a while, so I did.

Yesterday (Saturday) I did the layouts for the DS Feature set. Our new Standard card sets have to be re-laid out on new sheets so I have to get them all copied, edited (the layout change is causing some shifts I do not like), and positioned on the new sheet. As long as I am in there I am tweaking the cards to try to get larger type on the card text. Anyway, last night I sent out the sheet for printing. Now I need to consider what sheet to do next. I have two in mind. Several people have asked for the Wizardry cards in a set plus I should build the sheet for the Rogue cards. The problem with the Rogue sheet getting done is that the artist has been really busy and I do not know if she can get it done right now.

Better. I just got me two more big mugs of coffee. I am having some trouble prioritizing my jobs. I think I need to start with doing the web pages for the new Standard sets. The starter set (5) should be in my hands this week. We put in some new potions in the set. They will come in very useful in giving a counter to some of the new upcoming Features, like the progressive poison. The whole progressive poison concept in DS has to be squeezed in because we did not make room for it in the original design. With Crypt Crawl we are building it right into the system. Hindsight works good.

It took me about an hour and a quarter for me to make pizza yesterday. I found a good recipe for a single crust. It took a lot longer to bake the pizza than the recipe said. I will need to figure out the specifics, then I will have a good recipe. I am thinking that if Sue can give me an hours notice tomorrow I will make a chicken pizza for her arrival home Monday night.

OK, I'm off to work. I think I had best start with the web pages for the new sets.

No comments: