Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Aftermath of the Game

We played much longer than usual last night. Eventually we managed to battle six of the new Mighty Madspawn, so the evenings scheduled work, including testing the Unicorn shifter school for the new game, had to be put on hold.

With a Van half filled with scraps from the kitchen remodeling the con prep for this weekend is getting messed up as well. I need to load up some more trash and get my posterior to the city dump.

I also have not finished the web work associated with yesterdays shipping and new sets. Right after getting the e-mails under control I will get on the web work. Then yard maintenance really needs attention, the grass is starting to a serious grow going so there is "stuff" that needs doing or I will be behind all spring. This afternoon I will get an answer from Sue about the Mighty Madspawn Guidelines and get those tweaked files up tonight.

It has been suggested that we do the AROC cards as two nine card sets instead of a single 18 card set. I think I can divide them that way, and may well do so. Those sets have to be completed and ready to go during the convention this weekend. I will see how that works out...

I have done a lot of organizational work this winter to get the main floor of the house ready to start having people come up and play a few games with us here. It may be a way of getting in better touch with people and to sell some games and artwork direct, and it could be fun. We have a couple of cheap hotels not far away that have good access to food etc. So we can get the info on those and make it available. Long term planning goes on.

Sometimes, with everything going on I wonder about the sanity of doing another game. The problem for us is that we need more than one game world to play to stay interested in the old world. So far nobody is publishing an rpg that we want to play as a second game. They are just too this or that and do not suite us. I guess we are too picky, but we want fun stuff.

I really liked running the Mighty Madspawn last night. I was able to challenge a 1300 card point group with just a few cards. I am going to create a set of weaker Mighty Madspawn with the idea of few cards on them and start using them when we play DS. It makes the GM's duties easier. I just need some bad guys between these monsters and the regular Prime Spawn.

Ok, enough of this. Typing has become easier and quicker on this iPad than ever before, and I think I am getting carried away. I was actually happy with the ease of writing up the MM guidelines went at 3 AM. I just need Sue to look and see if my nocturnal writing made any sense at all. I am going to go make breakfast for Sue NOW!


-- Post From My iPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could have have some breakfast too please? LOL!

I think having some more bad guys in higher point ranges is a good idea. There are some really big characters out there that it's getting harder for GMs to deal with. And if anyone is really creative (not me right now) new warp features for those bad guys to use.

I feel like I just shot my poor characters in theirs pointy little heads...

MarkEllisHarmon said...

Yes, GMing for big characters is too much work. I want the Mighty Madspawn to be the anti-card bad guys. One of these in a group of enemies will be easy to run and potentially deadly as well.

I am going to do up a set of weaker Mighty Madspawn that will also use virtually no additional cards.

Even with just one Warp Feature the characters can be facing a different challenge.

I think I want to do more things than are possible for me to do, however, I do have another 50 years to get it done in.