Sunday, April 26, 2009

I have made some observations

After spending these three days focused upon the Furry Connection North Convention. I am afraid, that while this con was quite invigorating, it was also somewhat perilous.

But, for the moment I shall pass from that to the differences between the traditional Sci-Fi and Game conventions and the newer Furry and Anime Cons. As some of you know I wear and listen to an Ipod. I have some tunes there that I find both entertaining and relaxing. Anyway, back to the point. At traditional Cons I get several inquiries about my health and heart, since they think I am wearing a heart monitor. At Furry and anime cons they ask which Ipod I am listening to and no one mistakes an Ipod for a heart monitor.

Now to return to the health issues of conventions. I fear that I have several chemical allergies. As the years have marched onward the number of these chemicals that I encounter in convention centers has continuously increased. I find my feet swelling, congestion rising, fingers losing feeling, itching in awkward locations, headaches and several other less savory responses.

The sad truth is that I do enjoy the people and antics which occur at conventions. I actually enjoy both the speaking and the listening.

There were several dedicated DS players at the Con and they provided us with new players. A round of applause, please, for Steele, Alkalai and the others. I know, I am terrible with names, but I will recognize them in the dark allies that I haunt...

Furry Connection North is going on our regular convention rotation. We had fun and showed a profit. You can't beat that combination.

More of this rambling tomorrow.

No comments: