Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Core Game Work, New Cards, New Podcast

I got the second podcast up on the Astral magic/worlds/transport. I am hoping that while I'm at Furry Connection North this weekend I can focus enough to do the Astral basic cards as Beta Cards.

Doing the podcasts takes a good deal of time, but it is a lot faster than writing this up for the Madness Blog. Writing/typing is a slow process for me, I keep second guessing myself and spend way too much time searching the dictionary for the precise meaning/word I want to use. A lot of that can be covered in an inflection where in creative writing you have to find the exact word.

We had a very productive meeting/game for the Core rules last night. Covered a lot of ground and got good info on what people want to know. Combining that with the feedback here and I'm making good progress on the fundamentals.

The new concepts in the game are taking some "unlearning" of DS rules, but the changes appear to be working. I think it is hard to unlearn because 80% has stayed the same as DS.

The initial Storm Worlds games will not have shape shifters, we already have that covered in DS, no sense in covering the same territory right off the bat. In fact the first world is a low Tech, Low Magic world. It lets us focus on the actual skill and combat system without getting too many details in the way.

At this point we have eight Races in play. Tigreans, Foxes, Wolves, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Tarkians and Humans. We have some of the Racial skills set, but I'm keeping my eye out for more ideas. We could also wind up adding more races to the selection before all is said and done. By having direct Racial Bonuses built in we can accommodate a lot more races in the Core rules. I am open to other suggestions for the selection of Races.

No comments: