Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sue got an Iphone and I got a case.

Yes, you read that correctly. Sue finally got her iphone, and while she was there she bought a neat belt case for the phone. Unfortunatley the case is too difficult to use with a phone. It would be a very good case for an ipod touch or classic, but not so good for a phone. The end result is that we wound up getting her a better phone case and I got the empty case, just to be ready, you know, like I may someday get something to put in it.....

I signed up for Evernote on the web because it has an app that works with the iphone. Basically it lets you write notes on the iphone that are available on the home computer through either a desktop application you download or through a web browser. I wrote the following on her iphone:

the new keyboard takes a bit of getting used to, big it will get a lot easier with practice as we learn. For now I need to watch the letters as I hit them.

In the meantime I have transfered most of my programs and work to the tower computer and Sue is working with what was my portable. Her output in the past week has jumped big time. Being able to work where you are really improves efficiency.

The opposite of that is that me productivity has dropped significantly. The power of a tower is thrilling, but it is real obvious that in our lines of work you need both machines. Ah well, I guess I'm just going to have to get a new machine. Fortunatley I do not need the graphics power Sue does, so I can go with a Macbook. I did some looking at HP and Dell portables, but when I got them constructed close to the Macbook stats the prices were pretty much the same. (HP $60 less, Dell $60 more, all about $1200) When did "N" wireless become an upgrade? When did they take out the firewire and ethernet ports on there portables? Reworking them to get the ports I need would be a pain, but you can get adapters to cover that, however, they would be slowed to usb 2 speed. Apples memory is lower, but I included that upgrade in the apple price. I don't buy my memory upgrades from apple, they charge way too much for memory, I use Macsales to buy memory, and they have done very well with it in the past. 4 gb of memory is down to 98 bucks.

Well, I better get to work printing Sue's artwork to sell at San Diego. She flys out early tuesday for the con. I'll get back home and get on card printing right away. Gotta get ready for StormCon next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the title of this post and all of a sudden I'm laughing my ass off wondering . . . a case of what???? the runs?

Then I start reading and see that you meant exactly what you said. Unusual that there was no misdirection! I hope you get something to put in that case soon!