Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Software


Well, Sue is about to get an iphone and to properly use it we need to upgrade to Leopard OS from the Tiger we have been on for years. So far everything seems to be working just fine. Surprisingly it runs faster than Tiger rather than slower. I don't know, I guess I just expected it to be bigger and more bloated, but they have surprised me.

I have a lot of software to check yet, but it all seems to work. Quark 6.5 appears to be fine with it, so I can put off that upgrade a while longer and keep doing the DS stuff.

Enough for now, the computer says my new Garage Band for pod recording is installed, and I have to check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'm not sure if you are a computer geek or a gaming geek but since the geek part is in there, it's all good.

Anonymous said...

I figured when the 2nd gen iPod hit the streets that it wouldn't be too long before you got one. That'll sure make things easier at Cons, being able to use it for payments rather than the computer.

I think pixiejorge is missing the point just slightly. It doesn't have anything to do with being a geek, really. It's all about the kid in us - you know, boys and their toys. There's a big kid still living inside Mark's body that loves new toys. I should know; the big kid in me is jealous!

Elder_Dragon said...

LOL. In this case it is a girl and her toys.

She has taken over the portable as well. While that does leave me the advantage of working in the luxurious cold dark basement on the tower. Maybe I'm a geek troll?

The tower has a good deal more power and quark runs nice on the 7.5 gb of memory, but I think I need more. more. more power. more powweerrr. err, um. where was I? Ah yes, the forgettfullness that began a puberty... Was that the subject?

Anonymous said...

You honor, I rest my case!