Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Trip to the Farm, DS gaming

You see, I'm not really a bad kid. Things just seem to happen when I am around, my ma always said I was like that. Anyway, after I killed a bully in town, things went a little south. Apparently he had a powerful family, while my family are refugees. That equals, well, I lost at a trial I did not go to, and I am a convicted murderer. I am also a Rogue, Valarian, Nightwitch, elven Griffon shape shifter.

So, there we were training near the safe house and up the road comes the 19 members of my family. They were also forced out of town. What could I do? After long negotiations with our dead Mentors and their contacts, we found a place to move my family to. I think the Wakana in the new homestead had something to do with the land being available, but what can you do.

After buying supplies we mounted an expedition to move my family. Ma and my Uncle led the family and I did what I could to heal them. I was proud of my companions as they to pitched in to get the family in shape for the trip. I was accompanied by Foxy Luv, a Tigrean, Jinxus, an Ebony Elf and Fenrick, a human Elementalist.

Things started out pretty rough. My family was in terror/awe of Jinxus and Foxy because they were shifters and the first time Fenrick used magic they almost bolted because they thought he was a necromancer. It took an awful lot of work to get things moving smoothly. Jinxus and Foxy did not help much, both of them found my unwashed relatives to be smelly. To me it smelled like home and brought back a lot of memories I would like to forget. Well, what are you going to do, they are family.

As we traveled Foxy managed to provide a nice supply of meat for the stew pot, that was down right kindly of her. Fenrick managed to clean up a couple of diseased people, my sister Barry and brother Gyminias among them. So things were moving nicely when we started getting nightly harassment from the Wakana. They just did not act right though, and one of them was riding a giant Wolf that looked to be a drakkel wolf crossbreed. I had never seen anything like it, but Jinxus took it out with some kind of magic eye thing dragons can do. I like having a dragon around, especially one that can put up a Channel Link.

When we finally arrived at the new farmstead it just did not feel right. Foxy and I searched the area and found Wakana tracks here, fresh ones. Our guess was that they had already scouted the place for a major attack on us. We set up the camp in the middle of the clearing and then hid the family along the edge that first night. Jinxus and I guarded the fake camp and Foxy and Fenrick took the families sides.

Sure enough, they came at us in the fake camp. They stepped out to use there slings and I shifted to draw the fire, and I'll be damned if Jinxus didn't shift in to dragon right next to me. The Wakana, of course, fired everything they had at the dragon, but in the process I caught sight of the one giving orders. I broke away to get him, thinking that if I could take out the pack leader they would run. That SOB teleported! All I got to kill was some nameless monster he had left behind. Jinxus followed me in and killed another.

The next round Fenrick and Foxy started working at the edges, but the Wakana Pack Leader was still running things and the Wakana closed and started melee with Jinxus. They sure were pounding the crap out of him! I fired off my healing into him as they pounded him. When the link went down I knew we had a serious problem. Then the Pack Leader Teleported back in and headed for Jinxus. I threw myself in the way and blocked him. He hit me, I hit him, Foxy landed as a winged cat on Jinxus and started licking him. Fenrick took out another one and then I caught sight of my shriveled old uncle coming out of the woods. Around him were half a dozen of my family with slings. They moved forward in a decent formation. It brought a tear to my eye seeing uncle back in action. A couple of the unengaged Wakana were even more unhappy than can be expressed easily and they died from sling stones slamming in to them.

I got a good break and I pushed back the Wakana who were after Jinxus. I had a wonderful streaking Screech took out one and I got a healthy strike in to the Pack Leader as they tried to back out of the battle. Jinxus launched himself in to the air and I was glad to know he would live to fight another day. With the family and Fenrick backing me I went after the pack, and I began to wonder if I would see another day, but when you have them on the run you have to push, right?

Fenrick, the family and I took out another Wakana each and the Pack Leader decided he could get more boys, so he split.

Afterwards there was much wine and song. It was my family, so uncle and I discouraged any additional celebrations.

There you have it, we survived one more time in Sue's game, even if it was a rather close call for two of us.

I am thinking about adding another Screech and maybe a universal blood surge, but a Good Moves or Set Traps could come in handy. I also have to look at the Full Skyrider Blood Surge, although I do not recall the CP of it and I have only seven to get. What about Purify? Almost too many choices.

I see Sue over at her machine typing, I believe she is revising her written adventure she had. I would like to see what she did for this one.

Good Night and Good Gaming!


-- Post From My iPad

No comments: