Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some days are hard to start

I wonder what it is that causes the mind to avoid the issues we really need to face? This morning I am having a great difficulty in getting to the work I know I should do. The kitchen floor and basement stairs are clean, dishes done, laundry started. All tasks that I have found while I try to get my mind to grasp the work I need to be doing. I can't seem to focus on a single detail to begin on. The tasks are appearing as whole with no handles. Many times I just sit during these freezes and do nothing but try to focus. Today I am going to try doing house cleaning chores. They need to be done anyway. Maybe it will help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way - there will be less distractions for tomorrow! (just hope you can focus better then).

MarkEllisHarmon said...

I better, I've almost caught up the house cleaning. Even the laundry is finished. I suppose I could get out the carpet cleaner and start scrubbing...