Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Off, mothers in hospitals, and so on.

OK, taking today off from work, but I think I will make a blog post. WOW! Here it is!

My mom is improving rapidly, her blood clot has disolved and she s in rehab getting her strength back. She needs it because she really needs to be able to take care of herself. She is one of those people who need to be able to tend to her own needs.

Sue's mom had hip replacement surgery yesterday. It went well. Sue is up there right now. She is in a better hospital. Sue and I have no breathing troubles there. The rehab is also much better organized and than my Mother's hospital. *sigh* Some hospitals are better than others.

I am not managing to keep a regular work schedule, but I am lining up projects and completeing them one at a time. The DS website is reworked. The Travels of Kit are up to date. Basic work on Sue's new comic (Familiar Place) is underway.

Our "Food Plan" has been difficult to maintain, but both Sue and I are dropping weight slowly. It is about time.

Enough for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOw are the mom's doing now?

MarkEllisHarmon said...

Both Mom's have returned home and are doing well. Sue's mom has a good deal of swelling in the hip, but that appears to be normal, she is actually getting around better than she was already.

My mom is back home and getting around to her housekeeping. Luckily my brother lives across the street from her on the old family farm, and has retired. He is doing a terrific job of checking up on her. I told her today that he is her best son, she chuckled and claimed that the rest of us have work to get to, but that she does appreciate his care.