Saturday, February 14, 2009

The problem with thinking is that it gets you started.

I posted a piece on the DS Beta Blog pertaining to the Elethay religion and it started me thinking. We have always had a series of half formed thoughts on the Jikadell Religion and it's position on Grandilar.

Anyway, I started an outline of the Jikadell structure in Mars edit to blog about when I finish it. Then I worked some more on Jikadell's Bindings (Laws) and Jikadell's Ways (living recommendations). The next thing I knew I had a whole list of 12 Jikadell Titles in order of authority.

From there the damnable beta GM pdf started to take form. I have the first eight cards roughed out as features that you can add to a cast member to make Jikadell folks. (Yea, I can see a foxwings Jikadell Priestess as a problem.)

This kind of diversion uses up a good amount of time and I'm really not sure that it has a value. But it does keep my mind grinding away.

I will give the Jikadell piece another going over in a day or two then decide how I'm going to get this out to the GM's.

Yesterday I got carried away and reworked all of the Spirit Walker cards based on the beta blog comments. Then I set them up as PDF's. Then I did them in a release order. I printed out a set so Sue can start on art. It looks like 8 cards in each of March and April. Then May and June will be Sponsored card releases. July will see eight more Spirit Walker cards and the Rogue Clans, just before StormCon. Then in august eight cards that finish up the Spirit Walkers, release new bloodlines and more on the Clans.

This will be the first time we actually have a release schedule. Scary idea. I am going to put up the PDF's in the next few days in the DS Beta blog so we have a place for comments and a way for people to download and try them.

Now I think I need a nap. It has occurred to me that every one of these freakin' cards needs a web page story and discussion to go with it.

No comments: