Saturday, August 9, 2008

Holiday Inn Westlake, Cleveland area

I am here at the StormCon DS convention staying at the Holiday Inn.

This stikes me as an older Inn. It is well kept and you do get a "free hot breakfast ticket" with the room. I haven't tried the food, I brought something soothing for the ole tummy. (By the way, why do they call it a free breakfast when I'm paying for a room? If they gave the breakfast free with no room fees paid, that would be special.)

When I opened the room door I took a deep breath and was pleasantly surprised, no obnoxious cleaning fluid smells. That was a good sign. The room was already cool and clean. Nice digs. All the standard features, you know, bed, TV, coffee pot all in working order. Even the bath tube works the way it is supposed to. The wireless is friendly to connect to, but the speed is so-so and seems to hang a bit from time to time. The room also came with davenport and table. I'm sitting on the davenport right now. Comfortable.

The employees are courteous and helpful, but I couldn't help noticing that they smile only when called on to do so. That means to me that the management is good enough to get work done, but not good enough to make the people happy.

Overall I have to give the place 4 Dragons out of five. Considering the cost it is a reasonable place to stay. At this level the wireless could be better and the elevator makes noise that make me nervous.

Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: