Monday, March 3, 2008

A New Start

After several aborted attempts we have now got a new game idea which we are enjoying playing. We are using the 2d6 system of DS, but we have stripped it down and made some new assumptions. The most difficult task we faced in making something fresh to play was that we had trouble freeing our minds of DS. The new game is going by the name "Three Worlds" at this point. It is a science fiction background and it has some new stats, races, cards and Tech.

If you listened to Mark's Mysteries Episode 7 you got a little look at the new world. The game itself is not compatible with Dragon Storm, even though it shares a common universe. It is a new world. You could do some jury rigging and get the games to mesh, but I think both would loose some of there special flavors, so we won't be doing a crossover from our end.

Considering that it is just Sue and I up here at the Clanhold it means that I will not be able to do as much with DS as I would like. That is part of what is behind my putting up so many DS Beta cards. It will give us a look at which way the Dsr's want Ds to go and gives us a good source of material to publish. We also have several groups working on novel and fun ideas for DS. With five different groups/people working on books and projects for DS I think Sue and I can hang back a bit and let the community guide DS for a time. So we are expecting the submissions to roll in. As for how and who does the publishing, well, we will let the future us deal with those questions.

I'm going to let the current Beta discussions go on for a month to collect opinions and let the community get a chance to play with the cards before moving forward.

So, for today, I'm signing off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long distance help is not always the best solution but let Lee and I know if there is anything we can do to help. Go ahead and put me to work...is got to be better than my current job...

Elder_Dragon said...

One should be cautious with offers. I'll bet they pay better....
You have seen the new write-ups I did on the web page for the newest cards? Well, I sure could use a short piece on each of the Orc cards. Good poits, pitfalls and how to use 'em type stuff. I would also like to see them have a bit of the Orc wierd pride attitude. After all, Orcs are one of the few native races, and, if you believe them, the original race. In many of their legends they pre-date both the Raptors and the dragons. They think of them as the "young" races that sometimes need help. You know how kids can be......

HeHe, ya asked...... Not my fault. I'll put you on the list for early game screening too.

Anonymous said...

two comments: the pay may be better the job stinks for me; and about those orc cards, I keep envisioning it in more of an Orc speak. Is that ok or do you prefer a more scholarly approach?

I think I will see what I can do today.

Anonymous said...

One some thing is written for the orcs, do you want it posted here, posted on another blog, or e-mailed or you?

Elder_Dragon said...

Orc Speak is fine. E-mail it to me, it is easier to cut and paste. Just have fun with it!