Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Gap I See

I have been thinking a lot lately about the different worlds that technology is creating. It has opened up, for me at least, access to the ancient ability to be a storyteller. To use my voice to communicate my ideas. I am just glad that I have lived long enough for the future that suits me to arrive.

At the same time I find that a lot of people that I have grown up with look at me with confusion. They know that the future is here, but they want to stay in the world they grew up in. I can't blame anyone for that, but I don't want to stay "back there".

I don't know how to espress myself on this. I know that people don't know why I do the podcasts. The best explanation I can give is because I have waited all my life to do this, and now I can. I must do it, so I do.

Mark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Current technology has given us a wider audience to express our creative talents to. However, not all people are comfortable putting themselves "outthere" for all the world to see our mistakes and failures. They don't understand why people would want to... and the rapidly changing face of technology is scary too. It's hard for a non technofile such as myself to keep up and therefore another source of embarrassment when we (I) don't understand immediately how or why things work the way they do. There is a fear of change. I'll bet there is a whole psychology behind this question. This is something that could be discussed and debated for years...

Elder_Dragon said...

Yes, change is a frightening prospect. It means walking into the abyss with the confidence that you can do it and deal with whatever the world throws at you. Fear itself is a mechanism we use to stay out of trouble and survive.
Some powers in the world have found ways to manipulate our instinctive fears to try to keep us docile and backwards. This propoganda program has a side effect of making us leary of technology. We need to have a healthy skepticism when it comes to tech, but we can't let it keep us away from entertainment or knowledge.
The bottom line is that life is meant to be lived and each of us need to stick our heads out of our private cave and decide what we want to let into our lives.
As far as being embarrassed with lack of knowledge, some of us just plow onward just for the thrill of it. I'll learn what it all means when I can see it in the rear view mirror of life.