Sunday, July 18, 2010

Morning Fog in the Mind

It has been a long and fruitful week. My mind has now reached overload. I feel like there is a fog inside my mind. Thoughts are sluggish and hard to grasp this morning.

I ran a game Saturday with a different group than usual. I am always surprised by how nervous I get when I run for people outside my normal group. They were bemused by all of the "different" monsters, magics and methods. At the same time they were able to Embrace the Chaos and have a good time. The smiling GM card was a hit.

A good start has been made to reforming the Guild. I will be working with Ann and the other High Councilors to bring greater spice to the Clan system. The first enhancement will be the addition of Rescuing Clan Spirits. These will be appearing in convention games to be rescued.

Time is the one resource that Sue and I have in limited amounts. We need to start our time requirements with our ability to cuddle, talk and enjoy each others company. The next most important time task is to be able to enjoy time with our friends and companions. Then there are the routine tasks of accounting, reports, inventorying, production, shipping, web maintenance, communication, layout work, game guideline construction, guild maintenance, newsletters, convention logistics, submissions oversight, game "Spirit" maintenance, housework, yard work, and more that must be allocated time. With the remaining time we need to do the creative fun tasks. Those would be comics, commentaries, fantasy histories, artwork, walking the dog, considering history, listening to music and books, and a lot more.

As with all things in life we need to Embrace the Chaos that is our lives. So, off to the emails with me...


-- Post From My iPad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee. It is obvious that you need more coffee for coffee chases away fog and hails the sunlight. All hail the coffee!
Besides, it's Sunday and Sunday is a time for rest and reflection. Enjoy the day and reflect on all that is good, right and true. Things that are good, right and true also chase fog and give a spring to the step.
Cuddle with Sue, give the furry staff some attention rather than more work for the work will be there tomorrow, unfortunately.

FirestarAROC4 said...

Game was great. It is always good to get away from our xenephobic group and game with others...especially when it's with the creators of the game. All the players of other games don't know how good us DSers have it!!

Crazy enough, with all the flesh-eatting zombies, player-on-player brain eatting talk, and all the rest of the insanity, your game was a lot more light-hearted than mine usually are. I usually run such dark games where no one ends up truly happy in the end.

Thanks Mark!!!

MarkEllisHarmon said...

Pixiejorge. Thank You! More coffee always helps. I have only had 3 cups this morning so it too is starting slowly.

MarkEllisHarmon said...

Firestar. I am glad you had a good time. My purpose is always to have fun, even if a little strangeness keeps creeping into my games.

I think DS and the DS'ers are great, but I am probably prejudice.