Friday, July 17, 2009

All Right, All Right, I will Post!

I am still keeping up the kitchen cleaning routines. This is not as easy as it sounds. I tried adding regular excercise, but that failed... I have been able to expand the cleaning to vacuuming the floors and cleaning up some "piles" of "valuable" collections. In general the house is improving.

Not sure what I did, but the spinach I planted is dying. I just planted some more to try again. The Oregano, Basil, and Green Peppers are looking good. The scallions are having some trouble, but I think I kept them too wet. I also tried planting some peas to work that out. Not having done any gardening for forty years certainly has taken a toll.

Now, on to some Crypt Crawl updates.

We are starting the game with the idea that card points will cost more as the character gains experience. We also need a way to increase the characters Actions as they play. You will notice that a character (the Tigrean in the previous post) has just two actions. Starting characters gain their First Echelon card immediately, and it grants one additional Action, giving them three to start with. The Echelon card also tells how much role-playing experience it costs to buy a card point. We started really low. The characters should get to the second Echelon in the first game.

cc_first_echelon


The trick here is that a character buys to 25 Card points at 10 each, then they take the second Echelon Card for further purchases.

Now, I better get to work writing the next two new DS shaman card commentaries. After that I need to bathe a dog, go buy some bricks and print bards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bards and bricks... I hope the bards are not so bad that we will be throwing the Bricks at them!

Re: Spinach - it loves cool weather so the summer may be the cause of the die back. Try replanting about late Aug. (book I have say to count back 45 days from the first frost date of the fall) and see if you get more then.

MarkEllisHarmon said...

Thank You on the spinach info. I'll keep it inside and see what happens.

Anonymous said...

if you keep it inside, you will need a very good light source. like other garden plants it likes the sun.