Friday, July 3, 2009

Conventions, work, friends and fun

It is friday night at Anthrocon in Pittsburgh. The crowds here are lively, excited and bigger than last year. Sue is busy doing commissions right now. They are big here. She has a good number of works to complete. I've bumped into a series of DS players. Maybe we can arrange for some games here next year.

Origins went well last week. There were a lot of DS players in attendence and Russ and the Guild folks did a great job of handling the games. We could not ask for a better group of players. You guys make it worth going through all the trials to try to keep up.

We have run out of sets two and three. It looks like the new sets will be a success. I'm going to put together a couple of GM sets before StormCon. I don't expect those to sell as well, so I won't print many.

The stress of two big cons on two weekends is showing, Sue and I are both getting a little edgy. I guess there will have to be extra cuddling next week to compensate.

Well, I have more printing to do for the morning, so I will go now.

4 comments:

ds_flunkie said...

Perhaps next year, I can come to AnthroCon and run some DS games for the players there. I'd kind of like to see what one of those kinds of Cons is like anyway. :-)

Anonymous said...

Drat, DS flunkie beat me to the offer... But it still stands!

ds_flunkie said...

Pixiejorge: There nothing says we can't all go and do it. ;-)

MarkEllisHarmon said...

Thank You! The one thing I have gained doing this whole publishing/game thing is friends.

Now I just need to figure out the organization type thing to do.

I think both of you would enjoy the sights and sounds at Anthrocon. It is different, but not as different as you may think. Some of the costumes are amazing. Neither of you are prone to jumping to conclusions, so you could be fair and have a good time.