Friday, March 27, 2009

Preparations for Home Con Visit

The preparations for the Home Con appearance on saturday has brought progress to a halt. I have several articles tumbling around in my mind wanting to get written, but I am spending my time packing, inventorying and getting set for the trip. Sunday I will be spending that work day unpacking, sorting and putting away the con supplies. Late Sunday night I will be Manufacturing the Monday shipments.

While I enjoy seeing people and doing these shows they do cost a lot of creative time. Thus I am faced with a quandary. If we travel and sell, we create less. If we do not go the creative work has a reduced value. The trick is to try to balance these. Somehow to get my full 60 hour work week in and spend 3 full days dealing with the trip. That amounts to doing four 15 hour days before the go-be-return three day trip. One of the tiring aspects is that saturday is our day off. Therefore we will have no day off for meditation and companionship this week. I do get an amazing recharge from having a day to share with Sue, and I will miss that very much this week.

No comments: