Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Such is Life

Sue and I decided to pick up the Ghost in the Shell season 2 as a "reward" for our first two cons of the summer season. The series is much more complex than anything one would find made in the US. I find myself fascinated by their look at how democracy, goverment, secrecy, intelligence agencies and terrorism play into each other and how they perceive the world. It is, in a way, the discussion of rights and freedom that we are not having. Ah well, I guess I just find myself dreaming of the old days when conservatives and liberals battled for our minds. I don't think either side saw the neo-liberal corporatists sneak up and take over. I know we call them neo-conservatives, but they do not behave like conservatives, they behave like whacked out power hungry liberals. They have us fooled.

Ah yes, I seem to be slipping up. For a moment the cloud eased and I could see. The blissful ignorance will return soon.

No comments: